We are looking for Skilled craftspeople to support our existing team in our exciting and rewarding boat building projects.
We are a bespoke builder of high spec narrowboats and widebeam boats and specialise in new build projects with no one build being the same.
If you are a highly skilled trades person with a background in luxury or high-quality workmanship we would love to hear from you.
Don’t worry if you have never worked in boatbuilding as we have successfully mobilised tradespeople from other industries.
Those with experience in cabinet making, fine furniture or shopfitting may have the skills needed for this role.
Candidates must hold a relevant qualification or relevant experience and be able to work from drawings and make/fit joinery to fine limits including scribing in panels. Duties will include:
• 1st, 2nd and final fix of finished joinery including panelling, composite trim, solid hardwood, some solid surfaces
• Assembling and installing bespoke cabinetry and kitchens.
• Complete fitout of the cabin interior.
• Involved in other hardware fitting: windows sinks, toilets etc. Therefore, you must be able to show some flexibility (experience in plumbing work is an advantage)
• Laying different types of flooring
• Reading and understanding drawings.
• Balancing workload with other trades.
To be successful, you must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of fitting high-quality joinery (E.g., shop-fitting, kitchen installation, boat fit-out, etc) including scribing panels to 0.5mm tolerances.
There is the opportunity to work 40hrs+ each week.
This is a great opportunity to add an extra string to your bow and potentially lay the foundations for a long-term career within the marine industry. You will need to provide your own tools: Battery & Hand tools as well as your own insurance if self-employed.
We are experiencing massive growth and have a full order book for the future! If you would like to work for a prestigious boat builder with a well-known brand name, then call us or contact us using our enquiry form.